Populasi Volume 19 Nomor 1 Tahun 2009|
Demokrasi dan Transparansi Dalam Pemilu 2004
M. Syahbudin Latief
This paper is about the process of election during democrarcy period in Indonesia. The problem that usually occurred during the election was the involvement of elites in the election process. Some elites, both from the political parties and from the village, usually interferred the process. The case in Gampeng shows that all elements have been working together in successing the process of election. Reflecting from the election process in Gampeng, the transition process towards more democratic government in Indonesia could be happen in peace and harmony if there was honesty inside the political elites. They should more appreciate the voice from the people they were represented, instead of fighting for their own needs.
Keywords: democracy, election, elites
Bantuan Langsung Tunai: Mengatasi Masalah dengan Masalah
Umi Listyaningsih; Eddy Kiswanto
The government has been conducting the effort to eliminate poverty by performing several programs. One of them is Program Kompensasi Pengurangan Subsidi BBM (PKPS BBM / Oil Subsidy Compensation Program) by giving direct cash transfer (Bantuan Langsung Tunai / BLT). BLT aims at reducing the proportion of poor people significantly. During the implementation, many problems occurred. The obstructed of information to the people during the implementation of BLT has caused the misunderstanding among people. This eventually caused protests. The data of poor people did not reflect the real condition in the field since the limitation of village elites during the process of data collecting. The indicators to decide which people are poor were also not reflected the real condition which procured conflicts. Another impact from this misscollecting of data was that inaccuracy of target group who supposed to receive BLT.
Keywords: direct cash transfer, poor people, data collecting
Kemiskinan dan Usaha Mikro, Kecil, dan Menengah
N. Dwi Retnandari
This paper would like to see the role of UMKM (Usaha Mikro, Kecil, dan Menengah / Micro, Small and Middle Scale Unit) in tackling poverty. The main superiority of UMKM in tackling poverty is in its ability to create working spaces. UMKM usually developed in the villages and created a new center of economical growth without eliminating the primary sector (agriculture). The developing of UMKM has been impeded since the government failed to understand the nature of UMKM itself. In framing the policies related to the devolepment of UMKM, the government has misassumption the nature of UMKM and the problems they faced. In fact in general the development of UMKM needs a more conducive environment. The step should be taken by the government in this case is to be more convenience in giving the information to UMKM. There should be an effort to increase the demand of the product by UMKM.
Keywords: working spaces, policy, nature of UMKM
Perempuan Pada Sektor Ekonomi Unggulan
The economically superior sectors are sectors with good prospect and they contribute to the local development. In other words, the sectors are those that win the competition with other sectors as clearly observed in its contribution to local income. This study aims to investigate the economically superior sectrs and the participations level and the working productivity in Yogyakarta Special Regency. The study was conducted by analyzing the secondary (time series) data obtained from Susenas and Sakernas. The descriptive analysis is using table and maping through model LQ (Location Quotient). The result shows that Sleman has 6 economically superior sectors while Gunung Kidul only has 3. A high participation level of women in the economically superior sectors is found in trading, hotel and restaurant sectors while the lowest participation leel is found in mining sector (less than 1%).
Keywords: superior sectors, participation level, working productivity
Resolusi Konfli Etnik Samawa dan Etnik Bali di Sumbawa
This study aims to understand the background of conflict between Samawa ethnic and Balinese that still undercover for more than 25 years. The objective of this study are to explore the background of Balinese movement to Sumbawa, to identify the underlying causes of conflict between Samawa ethnic and Balinese and to address the conflict resolution that had been applied. The study applied qualitative approach. This study reported that the motivation of Balinese moved to Sumbawa were to increase their standard of live. Domination of the Balinese in social, economic, political and cultural aspects became the underlying factors of conflict between Balinese and Samawanese. Community based conflict resolution were applied through involving the community leaders from both side in coordination process and increased cultural communication for the shake of harmony and tolerance among society in Kabupaten Sumbawa.
Keywords: factors, resolution, conflict, ethnic
Evaluasi Kebijakan Pengendalian Bangunan di Kabupaten Sleman
The implementation of IMB permit in Sleman just reached the number of ownership 28.65% from full scale building. This became the strong indication that IMB permit in Sleman is not yet optimal in reaching the target. This research uses evaluation study to explain the three factors as the root causes of the policy optimalization. First, service. The research shows that there were still service uncertainty in aspects of time and expenses, limitation of officers, and complexity of the procedure. Second, society awareness. The society awareness was still low in acknowledging the benefit to have IMB permit. This was caused by the ineffective socialization from the government. Third, law enforcement. The related law in establishing the firm IMB permit should be strengthened. There should be a clear reward and punishment involved in this case.
Keywords: permit policy, society awareness, law enforcement
1. Mengisi formulir berlangganan
2. Transfer biaya langganan melalui rekening Bank Niaga Cabang Soedirman Yogyakarta, No. Rek. 018-01-1412-00-3, atas nama YP3K UGM
- Harga eceran: Rp 15.000,00 / eks
- Langganan P. Jawa: Rp 40.000,00 / tahun (sudah termasuk ongkos kirim)
- Langganan Luar P. Jawa: Rp 50.000,00 / tahun (sudah termasuk ongkos kirim)
3. Fax formulir berlangganan dan bukti transfer ke 0274 – 556563 atau 582230
Petunjuk Bagi Penulis
Redaksi menerima kiriman artikel dengan ketentuan sebagai berikut:
1. Artikel belum pernah dipublikasikan oleh media cetak lainnya.
2. Artikel dapat berupa hasil penelitian (lapangan, laboratorium, kepustakaan), gagasan konseptual kajian, dan aplikasi teori, serta ulasan buku.
3. Naskah ditulis dalam bahasa Indonesia atau bahasa Inggris, diketik spasi 1,5 pada kertas ukuran kuarto atau A4, jumlah halaman antara 25 sampai dengan 30 halaman, termasuk daftar pustaka, tabel, dan gambar/peta.
4. Artikel ditulis dalam bentuk esai dan berisi:
- Abstrak (50-75 kata) dengan bahasa yang tidak sama dengan bahasa artikelnya,
- kata-kata kunci (2-4 kata),
- identitas penulis (CV ringkas),
- pengantar/pendahuluan (tanpa sub-bab) memuat latar belakang masalah, sedikit tinjauan pustaka, masalah atau tujuan, dan kerangka pemikiran teoritis. Pembahasan disajikan dalam sub-bab-sub-bab,
- daftar rujukan / pustaka yang diacu harus pakai dan masuk dalam artikel.
5. Daftar pustaka ditulis dengan tata cara mengurutkan secara alfabetis dan kronologis, sebagai berikut:
- Buku: nama penulis, tahun penerbitan, nama buku (dimiringkan), kota penerbitan, dan nama penerbit
- Salah satu bab/bagian dalam buku: nama penulis, tahun penerbitan, judul bab/bagian (ditulis dalam tanda petik), dalam nama buku (dimiringkan), nama penulis buku, kota penerbitan, nama penerbit, halaman … hingga …
- Jurnal/majalah: nama penulis, tahun penerbitan, judul artikel/jurnal/, volume … nomor … halaman … hingga …
6. Naskah dikirim sebanyak dua eksemplar disertai file artikel (CD) dengan menggunakan pengolah kata (Microsoft Word) ke Redaksi Populasi, Pusat Studi Kependudukan dan Kebijakan UGM, Bulaksumur G-7, Yogyakarta 55281. Dapat pula dikirim melalui email email@example.com
7. Kepastian pemuatan atau penolakan naskah dikirim secara tertulis. Artikel yang tidak dimuat tidak akan dikembalikan, kecuali atas permintaan penulis.