Populasi Volume 18 Nomor 1 Tahun 2007|
Pembangunan Manusia: Filosofi dan Praksis Pembangunan yang Bermartabat
Indonesia has infrastructure constraints, such as the need for food, health, and education. Limitation in improving the infrastructure has raised many problems, such as bad nutrition and the spreading of disease. In return, this condition has caused low life quality of Indonesian people compared to other ASEAN countries. The richness in nature resources has not yet became the basic element to develop the man resources in competing with other countries. The gap between the rich and poor, East and West, rural and urban, local people and outsider, gender imbalance became other constraints in building human capital in Indonesia.
Keywords: human capital, culture, structure and infrastructure
Dimensi Gender dalam Kehidupan Penduduk Lansia di Indonesia
Retirement could become the golden moment in life for those who already prepared for it, but it could also become a disaster for those who did not. Retirement could be as the moment to relax, to enjoy the earning they made while they were still in their career. The preparation will be more needed for those elderly who did not have family or relatives. Sometimes they were forced to still go to work to make through the day. Many studies have been done to study the welfare of the elderly in preparing their retirement. Data for this paper was based from IFLS 3 which analyzed elderly gender dimension in Indonesia in their retirement. The theme will be covered around jobs and health insurance, marriage life and living place pattern.
Keywords: gender, elderly, retirement
Gerakan Sosial dan Perubahan Kebijakan Publik: Kasus Perlawanan Masyarakat Batas vs PT. Inti Indorayon Utama di Porsea, Sumatera Utara
A case study which comprehensively elaborated the role of Porsea people movement and its surrounding to urge the present of government policy and decision series, considering with the establishment of PT Inti Indorayon Utama in Porsea, Toba Samosir, North Sumatera. Data collecting was literary works, institutional publishing, research documents, chronology, contact report and investigation, news clipping, letters, press release and statement, and last but not least was the participatve observation and indepth interview. Afterwards, the data was analyzed and interpreted with reference to social movement theories and their relationship with the public policy change. The finding of this research reveals that there has been no single factor or certain theoretical approach monopoly in explaining social movement comprehensively. The movement also has shown up two contributions all at once: trigging and influencing the government newly realeased policies and stimulating the company’s new management to be more active in serving and developing the surrounding people. Both of these were possible to happen because of the people movement, without great expectancy to the complex and distortive state actors of parliament and bureaucracy.
Keywods: people movement, policy change
Tanggung Jawab Sosial Perusahaan dan Pemberdayaan Masyarakat Sekitar Perusahaan
Bussiness practice lately had caused many damages to the society around the corporate. They were directly affected by this practice in a bad way. They still live poorly while the corporate were getting richer by absorbing as much as they could from the resurces. The policy by the government is to make the corporate giving back what they had taken to the society around them. They should arrange programs namely Corporate Social Responsibilities to empower the society. But in the implementation, some problems occurred, such as the inconsistency of the program and the top-down program which did not involved society and related institutions. Later the program should be studied more to empower the society and minimilized conflicts.
Keywords: corporate social responsibilities, empowerment, corporate
Pemberdayaan Perempuan Miskin Pada Usaha Kecil di Perdesaan Melalui Layanan Lembaga Keuangan Mikro
Amelia Maika; Eddy Kiswanto
This paper will be discussing the service of microfinance agency which had influenced the welfare of poor women who became its clients. The research for this paper too place in Kecamatan Bayat, Klaten, which has been the location of a growing microfinance agency, Mitra Usaha Mandiri (MUM). With the help from this microfinance agency, the poor women were expected to be able to improve their family welfare and gain more income. The easy procedure to apply and its fast process were the keys success of this microfinance agency. The form of this microfinance agency was Grameen Bank model. This model has shown a significant result in many countries. Grameen Bank model put women as their clients because giving credit to women has minor risk compared to men.
Keywords: grameen bank, poor women, microfinance agency
Komitmen Anggaran Pendidikan di Kota Pendidikan Yogyakarta Masih Belum Mencapai 20 Persen
It is always interesting to observe the face of education in Indonesia. One interesting factor is related to budgeting on education in Indonesia has not reached 20% of the national budget. It is in connection to the political will of the local government to improve the educational level in Yogyakarta. Many obstacles have to be faced by the government to pursuit this 20%. At the end, it will remain as homework to the government to reach the target budgeting of 20% for education. The goals to provide a cheap but high quality education should be achieved to increase the quality of our children in the future.
Keywords: education, commitment, budgeting
Dampak Bencana Kekeringan Terhadap Peluang Kesejahteraan Penduduk
Y. B. Widodo
Natural disasters that happened lately in many parts of the world, especially drought and big flood in Indonesia, are accumulative effects of climate change due to global warming that need to be addressed seriously. However, the most important issue in Indonesia nowadays is natural disaster that happens in conjuction with mass-impoverishment affected by unleashed human greed. If this excessive lifestyle cannot be restrained, the country of Indonesia will face an incurable ecological destruction. This article tries to address natural disasters from socio-economic and socio-demographical aspects.
Keywords: natural disasters, climate change, welfare
1. Mengisi formulir berlangganan
2. Transfer biaya langganan melalui rekening Bank Niaga Cabang Soedirman Yogyakarta, No. Rek. 018-01-1412-00-3, atas nama YP3K UGM
- Harga eceran: Rp 15.000,00 / eks
- Langganan P. Jawa: Rp 40.000,00 / tahun (sudah termasuk ongkos kirim)
- Langganan Luar P. Jawa: Rp 50.000,00 / tahun (sudah termasuk ongkos kirim)
3. Fax formulir berlangganan dan bukti transfer ke 0274 – 556563 atau 582230
Petunjuk Bagi Penulis
Redaksi menerima kiriman artikel dengan ketentuan sebagai berikut:
1. Artikel belum pernah dipublikasikan oleh media cetak lainnya.
2. Artikel dapat berupa hasil penelitian (lapangan, laboratorium, kepustakaan), gagasan konseptual kajian, dan aplikasi teori, serta ulasan buku.
3. Naskah ditulis dalam bahasa Indonesia atau bahasa Inggris, diketik spasi 1,5 pada kertas ukuran kuarto atau A4, jumlah halaman antara 25 sampai dengan 30 halaman, termasuk daftar pustaka, tabel, dan gambar/peta.
4. Artikel ditulis dalam bentuk esai dan berisi:
- Abstrak (50-75 kata) dengan bahasa yang tidak sama dengan bahasa artikelnya,
- kata-kata kunci (2-4 kata),
- identitas penulis (CV ringkas),
- pengantar/pendahuluan (tanpa sub-bab) memuat latar belakang masalah, sedikit tinjauan pustaka, masalah atau tujuan, dan kerangka pemikiran teoritis. Pembahasan disajikan dalam sub-bab-sub-bab,
- daftar rujukan / pustaka yang diacu harus pakai dan masuk dalam artikel.
5. Daftar pustaka ditulis dengan tata cara mengurutkan secara alfabetis dan kronologis, sebagai berikut:
- Buku: nama penulis, tahun penerbitan, nama buku (dimiringkan), kota penerbitan, dan nama penerbit
- Salah satu bab/bagian dalam buku: nama penulis, tahun penerbitan, judul bab/bagian (ditulis dalam tanda petik), dalam nama buku (dimiringkan), nama penulis buku, kota penerbitan, nama penerbit, halaman … hingga …
- Jurnal/majalah: nama penulis, tahun penerbitan, judul artikel/jurnal/, volume … nomor … halaman … hingga …
6. Naskah dikirim sebanyak dua eksemplar disertai file artikel (CD) dengan menggunakan pengolah kata (Microsoft Word) ke Redaksi Populasi, Pusat Studi Kependudukan dan Kebijakan UGM, Bulaksumur G-7, Yogyakarta 55281. Dapat pula dikirim melalui email email@example.com
7. Kepastian pemuatan atau penolakan naskah dikirim secara tertulis. Artikel yang tidak dimuat tidak akan dikembalikan, kecuali atas permintaan penulis.